Say NO! to Tuition Hikes and the Defunding of Public Education
- 3pm: All-Students Rally @ SW Corner of Madison Square Park (23rd & Broadway)
- 4pm: March to the Board of Trustees Public and Budget Hearing
Baruch College Room 14-220 (55 Lexington Ave. at 24th St.)
- Inside of Baruch: CUNY students will voice their grievances to the Board of Trustees
**Bring your CUNY ID if you wish to attend the hearing**
- Outside of Baruch: All students will participate in a Mock Trial and All-Student General Assembly!
- Download printable flyers for N21 and other ongoing student actions
Occupy the Board of Trustees!
Have your voice heard! Tell the Board of Trustees that our education is not for sale. A budget funded by increased tuition while increasingly exploiting precarious adjunct labor is not OK! Click on the image below (or here) to download a poster that illustrates the privatization and systematic defunding of one of the largest and most diverse public universities in the country.
With over 250,000 full-time students, over 250,000 professional and continuing students, and millions of New Yorkers with degrees from CUNY, working at CUNY, with children and friends attending CUNY…Who is CUNY?
CUNY IS NEW YORK CITY!
- Check out the Student Week of Action website
- View the CUNY faculty statement on violence against nonviolent student protesters
- View the Board of Trustees public hearing notice. Please note that the second page contains the rules of conduct for the public hearing.
- Get information for international students engaging in political actions.
- View the inaugural statement for the ALL-CITY STUDENT OCCUPATION at 5th Avenue & 14thStreet (formerly a New School study space).
- Follow us on Twitter for updates: @occupycunyGC or @NYStudentOccupy
If you don’t have a twitter account: send a text to 40404 with the message:
“Follow @occupycunyGC” or “Follow @NYStudentOccupy”